Thinking out of The Box
- TTI Vanguard Programme
A global forum for the discussion and evaluation of emerging information technologies. A place where radicals and experts offer perspectives from the scientific, managerial, business and sociological disciplines that will impact on all our futures.
- The Concours Group
Enables major and emerging corporations to capitalize on the strategic and operational business use of human assets and information technology.
Elsewhere on the web
- Communication News
- Aircraft Images Archive
- Science University of Japan Get your free photos here
- Wayback Machine View Election 2000 Web sites from the past.
- Foresight Institute A guide to emerging technologies that may improve the human condition
- The Caltech Institute Archives An 'intellectual' search engine
- NewsScape The very *best* news website I have ever encountered on the web
- Kurzweilai.Net News
- The Inflation Calculator This is a very good site for calculating inflation
- Where to do Research
- A Personal CyberMuseum: Documents, Photo Albums, Talks, and Videotapes about Computing History
- The Glossarist/ A searchable glossary dictionary
- Londinium.com The original site for London
- Antique Light Bulb & Vacuum Tube Site
- The Great Gallery on The Wide Web "The first photos of Earth from space were a stirring confirmation that the world was not only round, but also remarkably beautiful."
- techtv Cable television channel covering technology information
- KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence
- Your physical avatar
- Audio Spotlight
- 405 - See what two kids did with a camcoder and a PC
- eCompany Now- 'The smart choice for what works on the web'
- NewScientist Magazine
- Hawking - Professor Stephen W. Hawking's web pages
- Consume - Build your own 802.11 wireless network - bypass the telco, bypass the cableco
- The Eyes and Ears of Weyerless
- Future 100
City & Guilds launched Future 100 to celebrate the centenary of its Royal Charter this year, and to help people to change their lives through training and education.
- Life Sciences Knowledge Center
A range of documents that will promote a deeper understanding of food biotechnology and other life sciences, and the many complex issues associated with them.
- Digital Britain Awards
The Digital Britain Awards recognise and promote British organisations who - through the adoption of digitally-based information, processes and tools - are leading in the new, knowledge-based economy and exploiting the opportunities being enabled by the e-commerce revolution.
- Computer History Museum Center
An international resource for research into the history of computing
- Soda constructor
Constructor animates and edits two dimensional models made out of masses and springs. Springs can be controlled by a wave to make pulsing muscles. Models can be constructed that bounce, roll, walk, etc.
Newry Corp.'s free monthly e-journal, features articles by leading thinkers on innovation, profiles of entrepreneurs, links to examples of innovation from around the world.
- Tomorrow's World
Information on events and broadcasts from the BBC's science programme
Find quotations on anything; identify quotations by anyone
- Ars Robotica
"Robotics for the masses"
- Beyond 2000
Your window to the future
A free science information service, staffed by scientists who are expert in explaining complex topics in everyday language.
- The Ackworth Gallery
Student art and some images from the Campus.
The home of art and design of the future.
- ADEC Distance Education Consortium
An international consortium providing economic distance education programs
The gem of Chinese civilization and the major documentation of five thousand years of Chinese history and culture. It is also one of the most significant treasures of world civilization.
- Essays of innovation
World notables pick this century's most important innovations.
- Ackworth School
Pages from a school in Yorkshire
- Professor Stephen Hawking's Homepage
Including biographical details, questions & answers, and publications
- Takeheart Health Check
A quality assured method for providing authoritative written assessment and advice for the prevention of coronary heart disease.
- Futures Observatory
Joint project of the Open University Business School (OUBS) and the Strategic Planning Society (SPS), investigating the future of society.
The world according to college freshmen
- ISP Comparisons
Data for Median Latency , Packet Loss , and Reachability
- The Royal Institution
The Royal Institution has strives and excels in two important fields: Cutting Edge Scientific Research and the Promotion of Public Understanding of Science.
- The Cochrane Collaboration
A network of centres preparing, maintaining and promoting the accessibility of systematic reviews of the effects of health care interventions
The Robert W Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library
Find ConceptLabs through a comprehensive UK atlas
- An atlas of cyberspace
Mapping Cyberspace Using Geographic Metaphors
- Is human chip implant wave of the future?
Would you consider having microchips implanted in your body?
- Multi Media Mapping
A complete interactive atlas of Great Britain on the Web
- Multi-media medical Reference Library
The MMRL provides a free resource of medical information for both health care consumers as well as medical professionals.
- Apple Computer
Makers of the most versatile computer hardware and software.
AppleMasters are an international group of visionaries from various fields: educators, artists, designers, writers, producers, architects, inventors, scientists, business leaders, musicians, athletes, and other world-changes.
- Global Village Bank
The Central Bank of cyberspace
- Nella Pages
Nella Pages is an instrument that allows citizens like you to trade in skills and information. The Nella Pages lists everything available for an internet-only medium of exchange called nella.
- Molecular Plant Pathology Online
An international peer-reviewed on-line journal edited and published by the British Society for Plant Pathology
- Best Ideas
A compendium of social innovations: The latest ideas and award-winning schemes from the Institute for Social Inventions
- 2B1 Foundation
aimed at preventing a growing abyss between the digital haves and the digital have-nots.
- Fractal shape changing robots
Fractal shape changing robots have much higher dexterity than conventional robots or humans. Since they are also self assembling as well, humanity will have a lot to think about in the future when these robots finally arrive.
- Kasparov vs. Deep Blue
- Whole Brain Atlas
- Wearable Computers Group - MIT Media Lab
- The Computer Museum - Boston
- The Virtual University
- Research Centre for Advanced Science and Technology, Tokyo
- 24 Hours in Cyberspace
- Apple Education Home Page
- Neurosciences on the Internet
- Planet Science
- CSC Home Page
- Philips Vision of the Future
- Education Sites
- Museum of Science Boston
- National Science Foundation
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) Home Page
- Thinkquest Library
- The Dilbert zone
- US Government stats
- Electronics Weekly
- Richard Dawkins
- Human Genome Project
- NASA Pathfinder mission to Mars
- Young Engineers of UK Official Web Site
- Nicholas Negroponte's Web Site
- William Kelvin - MIND
- UK's National Heath Service site
- Language Translation Service
- Seymore Cray - A perspective
- The BBC's Tomorrows World Program
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Program